Thursday, September 01, 2005

What's In A Name?

Welcome to my first blog installment. I’m still new at this whole web journaling thing. I tried it first with Friendster Blog, but some of my friends have inspired me to move my blog to a more flexible and popular blog agent (not to mention free), and so Subhuman Tongue is born. You may be wondering about the name of the Blog, well it so happens that I did not want it named simply as the Ryan Mendoza Blog. Not only would that be boring, but the name had to encompass a lot of different things, be a culture unto itself, I thus came up the title Subhuman Species (which is also my electronic music alias). Well I gave that name to the Main Web Site already so I decided that since the primary purpose is to talk about stuff, I decided to call it Subhuman Tongue.

This made me think that I could actually make Subhuman a culture unto itself, a multimedia/digital culture covering music, videos, photos, print, etc. Aside from my self-centered and most-of-the-time pointless rants, you’ll also be reading updates about current and upcoming projects from Subhuman Species (that would be all of me). While we’re on the topic, I’d like you to check out some of the music from Subhuman Species that can already be downloaded from the Web Site. Check out the Downloads page, where you can download artwork and music, and maybe videos in the future.

The songs available at the moment are Replicant and Violate. Both are demos created from Apple’s Garageband application. It’s in ACC format, so you might want to download Apple’s iTunes first. I’ll release mp3 versions soon, so that even WMP (for Windows users) can play it. The two songs are both instrumental, but I might add a few vocals, and digital samples during the final mix. I plan on making three more of this and release it as an EP and give them away to family and friends. I’m not planning on making money out of this; it’s merely just for fun, and part of the Subhuman Species projects. Anyways I’ll be back when new stuff comes out. In the meantime lets go back to random and pointless rantings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tobie said...

Eya dude...

Where can I download your tunes? Wanna check them out. Better yet, email them to my office addy
antonio_abad AT abs.pinoycentral DOT COM

Thanks buddy!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home