Tuesday, August 22, 2006

WoW Zombie!

It took me two years and all the willpower I could mustster to avoid buying and playing World of Warcraft, arguably the best MMO out their. Well sad to say, I finally succumbed to it's seductions and charms. Now I am a living zombie who sits in front of the monitor "Grinding" away to reach that next level, or to accomplish that next quest, or to gather that last item, or aargh it endless! Now I know what the curse of undeath is, even in my sleep I am restless... In the few hours I manage to rest after a nightfull of WoW adventuring I still find my dreams haunted by the images of that accursed game. I don't doubt that I probably mime swinging a sword while fast asleep, and drooling in my bed. The worst part is that I'm only in the early stages of the game, and only now am I realizing how BIG the friggin' game is. It's gonna' be the death of my social life that's for sure. From someone who came from pen and paper RPGs the opportunity to group with other players is really cool! In the first few hours of exploring Azeroth, I was invited to group with a Druid, and a Warrior, and it was fun knowing that a real person was looking after your back during battles, healing you, or helping you pummel a common enemy. I was even recruited to join a Guild, and I was only a measly level 4 Nightelf Hunter armed with nothing more than a cheap dagger, and a flimsy bow! Bet you can't do that on friendster. Well I got a long way to go and very little time to do it. And for those who are foolishly thinking of getting into the vice, let this be a warning lest you become a WoW zombie yourself... Run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home