Thursday, December 08, 2005

Holiday Hooligan

The Christmas Holidays is upon us again. Its that time of year for giving… and for last minute shopping, and horrible bladder-bursting traffic, and relatives who only show up during the holidays. So maybe its not so merry after all, especially when you realize you don’t have enough money to buy yourself a gift. Okay, I know that it’s about the giving and not the receiving, but you do have to treat yourself after a long year of toil and corporate slavery. So what’s a broke bloke have to do to accomplish his elusive wish list? How ‘bout asking Santa for it (just play along)? What, you haven’t been a good boy this year? No problem lets kidnap Rudolph, and ask Santa for ransom. If that doesn’t work, we can always sell him on eBay.

So if we do get to accomplish all of that, and Santa calls our bluff, what do we ask him for Christmas? Well here I present to you my own personal Holiday Wish List. My own Christmas must have gifts:

1. Computers: For starters, I’d like to have a new desktop at home. I really can’t wait for the MacIntels, so an iMac or one of those new Quad G5 Powermacs should do. Well why not both? The iMac with its new Frontrow feature, and built-in iSight would be perfect as a family desktop unit. Fun to use for surfing, chatting, or watching downloaded videos from iTunes Music Store. For the Quad G5, I’ll be using it mainly for graphics, and music production so a 30” Apple Display wouldn’t hurt as well. Oh yeah add in a Windows Intel Machine with at least 4 GHz, with the latest in ATi or Nvidia card, just for gaming.

2. Sound Systems: Building on those discussed above, the iMac would be perfect with its own THX 5.1 surround system, maybe something from Klipsh, like the ProMedia 5.1 Multi Media System. As for the Quad G5, why not an M-Audio Studiophile DX4 Professional Desktop Monitoring System, along with a M-Audio MobilePre USB Mobile Preamp and Audio Interface. While were on the subject why not ask Santa to provide me with a home theater system for my television (we’ll get to that later). Since we have Rudolph, let not be cheap and ask for Bose Lifestyle 48 Home Entertainment System. Okay lets move on.

3. Home Appliances: I asked for the Bose Lifestyle 48 HES, but it wouldn’t pair greatly with my old 21” TV, so I’m asking Santa to add in the Samsung HP-R5052 HD Plasma 50” TV. Now what’s a Home Entertainment System without my own personal La-Z boy, along with a Coleman Xtreme Cooler (filled with beer, and ice cream), makes it a dream set-up. I can’t ask for Heaven, but its close enough.

4. Game Consoles: Eventually I’ll get tired of watching LOTR and Starwars on my new HES, so what better to pass time than to play video games. The new Xbox360 would be perfect with the Heaven Set-up above. Bundled with games such as Perfect Dark Zero and Project Gotham Racing 2, this beast will satisfy my gaming fix, well until Halo 3 or PS3 arrives. On the go, I would say that the PSP would be a much cooler portable game console, but Nintendogs is just too cute to pass off (plus points from the girlfriend), so why not throw in the cheaper Nintendo DS to the mix.

5. Digital Lifestyle Gear: Now its time to go out and socialize, and I gotta’ have something to record the lovely memories of upcoming holiday festivities. Lets start of with a Canon ixus 750 for that point and click simplicity, and a Canon EOS 5D for that professional touch. On the Video cam end, I’ll have to go the Canon way as well with the Optura 600, its small and compact, and should be enough to capture those funny moments. Just for the heck of it I’ll ask for a 60GB iPod 5G, and a Sony Ericsson W800i Mobile Phone.

6. Vehicular Mayhem: Now I have no idea whether Santa can fit this on his sleigh, but I’d like to have a simple Mazda 3 or Ford Focus (I’d like a Ferrari but I think that’s asking too much, hehe). Pimped up with subwoofs, 17” mags, LCD monitors, a dvd player, hifi stereo, and a PS2 set-up. Maybe a bit of engine tinkering, and custom paint job and I’m ready to roll. On second thought maybe an advanced order for the new Honda Civic wouldn’t hurt as well.

Well there you have it my self-indulging Christmas Wish List. These should be enough until I get around for next year’s list (maybe kidnap Mrs. Santa). Till then have a Happy Holidays, and look out for Rudolph on eBay just in case plans go awry. Peace!

What about you guys, any personal wish list you want to share? Send in your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home