Monday, November 28, 2005

Lazy Holiday

It’s Bonifacio Day on the 30th, but the Powers That Be have decided to move the holiday today. I’m not complaining, with the SEA Games and all, I don’t even want to try the traffic going to Manila. I’ve also been lucky that my DSL service has been steady (if a bit slow at times) for the last two days. Heres hoping my luck holds on. Which brings me to my topic: Death To PLDT!

I mean come on! PLDT's myDSL service really sucks! And to think that they’re supposed to be the premier local telecommunication company, says a lot about our industry. I don’t plan on paying their monthly fee if only to get intermittent connections, or slow dial-up-like speeds. What kind of crap is this? I sought help from fellow subscribers in a local Internet forum, and what I got instead were more complains. At least I knew it wasn’t an isolated case. I did learn that subscribers in Parañaque have it worst. It’s a case of too many subscribers, minus the necessary upgrades to the system, equals shitty service. To add salt to the wound, their tech support is nothing more than pretty voices, reading manuals, and trained to say, “ We are sorry sir! We will immediately forward your problem to our technicians. Have a nice day” That is, if you ever get through their congested lines (probably loads of complainers). I’ve pondered on cutting my subscription and switching providers, but the more I look into this matter, the more I learn that everyone is having problems with their respective broadband. The companies seem to have jumped on a technology that they have not fully realized. It’s all about the money, “get as much subscribers now, and we’ll worry about the congestion later.” As for other subscribers planning on suing The Company, forget it! “Lusot” on all Law Suits.

Well instead of whining I better just take advantage of what I got today, and hope things get better (yeah right!). And before a PLDT personnel accuse me of being a Globelines agent, I’m gonna go do something creative instead. Maybe that way I can forget about their mother****ing service!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home