Monday, October 24, 2005

The Weird Wired World

Just recently I jumped on the broadband wagon and happily sped away through the web for countless hours (seemed like years). Then after returning to the "Real World" (really, who makes up these rules?), I realized that I was tangled up in a sprawl of wires and blinking lights. With the addition of the new modem, I realized that my room has just become a jungle of technology. Plugs, snake-like wires mimicking a strange black octopus, blinking lights that would put the local beerhouses to shame, three game consoles, the tv, dvd player, the computer, speakers, a printer, an electric fan, the aircon, and the occasional charging iPod, and mobile phone. And did I mention the wires? Whoever thought the bleak future envisioned in classics such as Neuromancer, and the Matrix has finally arrived in my room (in my lifetime!). Just a few hours ago I spilled water on the floor, and I literally feared for my life. Death by electricution isn't exactly as enticing as it sounds, right Mr. Anderson?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tobie said...

Astig! I don't even have an ipod yet. Heheheh.


Miss hanging dude.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home