Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Blood, Sweat, and Electric Dreams


Well I just finished mixing "The Macabre" (title pending) and will be uploading it to the Subhuman Species website soon. I really had difficulties mixing this one. At first it was too sombre, then it became too pop. I'm aiming to make all the tracks as bouncy (if not danceable), and in the end I think I got it right. Things will still change when I come around to actually fleshing it out and doing a final mix. More updates later.

On a related topic, I was able to acquire two software programs that are proving to be quite useful (and fun). One of them is called iDrum, and the other is Doggiebox. Both are Virtual Drum Machines, each with their respective interface, and aesthetics. I'm still trying them out (read: trial version), and still undecided which of them I'll actually use. I might use one or both of them in an upcoming track (who knows). Anyway I'll inform you when I do.

Its been a cathartic experience making music (even if its just arranging and mixing it), and I'm thinking of doing this more when the inspiration hits. Its always a great feeling being in creative mode! Anyway attached is the cover for the upcoming Violate EP.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home